Wednesday, February 10, 2010

A good ole cuppa (or not)


I’m  a caffeine junkie. Big time. I’m one of those people that gets grumpy until I have my morning coffee and when that happens, I’m all sunshine and happy happy joy joy (ok..not true...I’m slightly less grumpy that I was when I got up at whatever obscene hour in the morning lol). The thing is we all know this: Coffee is not good for you! It’s bad for your skin, it’s bad for your teeth, it makes you jittery...no I’m not going corroborate this because the mere fact that you’re reading this blog means you have access to google;-)...but I digress.
So I’ve been intending to wean myself off coffee. It shouldn’t be hard. I’ve actually done it before and my body and skin thanked me for it. How you ask? Simple, I replaced it with green tea (hello! Anti-oxidants...and in my case an accelerated metabolism) and actually had no problem doing it. Of course, I slipped off the health nut wagon a few years ago and my bad habits came rushing back in. But I’m getting older and as my metabolism was never good to me in my teens and early adulthood, I hardly expect it to get any better when I hit the big 3-0. So yes, I am hopping back onto the healthier lifestyle wagon.
And this starts with tea.
Dr. Stuart’s Detox Tea that is.
Ingredients listed: Dandelion root, Burdock root, milk thistle, Liquorice root, Peppermint, Ginger root, sage, Galangal root, Artichoke leaves
Sounds good?
This thing tastes like the worst thing you’ve ever tasted ten times over!!!!!
Accustomed to sipping you tea? I am. Until I met this good ole cuppa. You’ll want to gag. You’ll want to throw it out. You’ll want to eat healthier because the thought of taking this thing makes you retch! (A big shout out to Candy for making me her guinea pig)
Get past the taste and you’ll love what it does. Clearer skin; A ‘cleaner’ internal feel (no it doesn’t make you pay homage to the porcelain god)
I bought this a month ago. I’m on my second cup (*sigh*) I could swear I had at least 3 cups of this thing before but the box of 20 bags now registers 18. Oh well!
Can I interest you in a cuppa tea?

xoxo Jinz

IMG courtesy of goodnessdirect.co.uk

No comments:

Post a Comment