Sunday, March 21, 2010

MAC Select SPF 15 Foundation

Hey guys. It's been a while since I've updated this thing. I've just been so busy with school and starting the new job that I haven't had much time to actually sit down and do a review or haul even though I HAVE been shopping (probably a little too much).

I know Candy isn't a foundation wearer (I am) but I'm hoping this gets her interested (lol) as well as shedding some light on my latest buy. So I went into MAC a few days ago seeking a tinted moisturizer or their Face and Body foundation which is supposed to be pretty light and gives very sheer coverage. I have both the MAC Studio Tech and Studio Sculpt (which I love) but they are both a bit 'much' for every day use and I have to do too much in order for it to look 'natural' (bronzing, sculpting etc). They didn't have my shade in the tinted moisturizer and they don't stock Face and Body at the counters. The MAC MUA was kind enough to actually sit me down and test out a few others (she was extremely patient lol) even though I was very undecided about what I wanted and they were actually very busy that day.

She tried both the Mineralised Satin Foundation as well as the Select SPF 15 foundation on me and explained how both worked. I LOVE the look of the Select because the Satin Finish was a bit to 'glittery' and I dreaded having to look like a glitterball walking around during the day.

The foundation is very light, easy to blend and the shade matches perfectly (NC44). It's a water based foundation, contains SPF 15 (always a good thing) and leaves you with a very natural finish. What I love about it is that it doesn't irritate my skin (no break-outs woohoo!), it allows my natural skin to show through (it doesn't blank me out or give me that 'dead' washed out look) and with a little setting powder it looks completely fresh and natural yet polished.

So far, I have no cons. I'll give it a wear this week and show how it holds up when I'm being active during the day. This foundation actually didn't recieve very high ratings on other review boards but I have no problem with it yet. Let's see what this week brings. So expect an update and *maybe* pictures!

xoxo

Jinjer

No comments:

Post a Comment